Saturday, January 16, 2021

2004 Night Force Beach Head - Around The Web

The Night Force set was pretty much ignored by collectors for years.  And, since this Beach Head figure got three different releases (in the TRU Night Force set, the TRU Moray and as a single card figure that was sold at discount stores) collectors of the mid 2000's were sick of him.  But, now, figures like this Beach Head have found a new interest.  Of course, he's now as old as a 1988 figure was when this Beach Head was released in 2004.  But, still, it's tough to see this figure now commanding a premium.  

It's not easy to find individual uses of this figure.  Most Beach Head photos are the 1986 or the Funskool version.  Both of which are nice.  And, both of which I prefer to this Night Force version.  But, after some digging, I found enough on him to showcase him from Around the Web.

2004 Night Force Beach Head Profile





5 comments:

  1. He looks really cool but he was from one of the eras when I wasn't collecting Joes. I don't want toe Classified Series to get into two many repaints but I'd love to see this color scheme used on a revised Classified Series Beach Head in the future as a way to make the character available again. I always loved Night Force but I only owned a few of the originals as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really liked the "digital night camo" grid lines on these figures. To my eye they are distracting and weird. I guess they do to my eyes what they're supposed to do to night vision optics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The single card with the last new sculpt single cards was a paint variation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, but I wasn't aware. What are the differences?

      Delete
    2. The "charcoal" parts of the camo on the pants (the off black parts on the light grey) were removed entirely. There's a few black dots in the plaid pattern than aren't there on single card. The GI JOE, US Flag and Night Force Logos are a bit different. Most of the changes are hard to notice without direct comparison.
      Also, the colors on the sheathed knife on his lower right legs are reversed, single card has brown handle, green sheath at least on mine. Yojoe's example doesn't have that, so maybe mine is an error?

      Delete