Thursday, February 6, 2020

1993 Mail Away Deep Six - Around The Web

The 1984 Deep Six is a terrible figure.  But, the 1989 repaint is one of the greatest updates to a character that Hasbro produced.  The 1993 repaint is a bright, but still a fun update to the new mold.  And, in today's market, it's a stupidly expensive figure.  Everyone seems to have forgotten that there was massive bagged overstock of this figure available for years.  You could get them for $10 on Amazon less than 5 years ago.  But, collectors are dumb some times.  I like this figure because I've had it for years.  I like it because I army built them for $3 each.  And, if I had to pay today's prices, I wouldn't have one because he's not that good.  But, since I do have a few, here's the best of him from around the web.

1993 Mail Away Deep Six Profile

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I had to check to see if I still had this figure! I do, but he is missing that gold rifle. A cursory glance on ebay sees it going for 120-249 dollars, completed sales recently from 80-125 dollars. I certainly am surprised at the going price on an item that was once so ubiquitous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I also saw some one trying to sell a lose 1993 mail in Interrogator for $100.
    I have to think most of the people paying so much are new collectors who were unaware of how things were.

    If I didn't already have so much ARAH GI JOE I'd never get into it given today's prices and let's face it, the vintage stuff is decaying/aging more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $120+ for the '93 neon Deep Six? Joe prices have gone wild over the last 5 years.

    For example, I passed on a carded Bullhorn ($30) and Drop Zone ($40) in 2014. Now those figures routinely sell for $40 & $60 loose and $100+ & $200 carded. It's just crazy and the hobby in being ruined by late comer "investors."

    I sense a market crash coming as the prices are unsustainable.

    ReplyDelete