Monday, January 29, 2024

1987 Psyche Out - Around The Web

The weather's been crappy and  I've been busy with real life things, lately.  So, I had no profile to go today.  (I've got a really cool figure that I had to pull down because her write up wasn't where I wanted it to be.  She might come next week.  Or, the week after that.  Will depend upon my mood since the profile planned for the 6th of Feb. is mostly a thinly veiled rant that will further cement my status as a curmudgeon.)  I really didn't  have anything ready to go for today.  So, I did some quick looking and found some surprisingly easy to find content on the 1987 Psyche Out.

Psyche Out isn't a popular figure or character.  The fact that both his Night Force and Tiger Force variants sell for a fraction of the other figures in the series speak to just how unpopular he really is.  But, this 1987 figure is a visual treat.  The bright colors work in the context of the character.  And, his ridiculous gear can be held in suspension of disbelief due to the overall background that was given to him.

So, take some time and peruse the links below.  Leave them a comment or something just to pull the older items back into the creators' timelines.  Back to normal next week...maybe.

1987 Psyche Out Profile

1987 Psyche Out at Nekoman's Viper Pit

1987 Psyche Out by MrMikeVinthePit

1987 Psyche Out at JoeADay.com

1987 Psyche Out by yovalleyjoe

1987 Psyche Out Variants by Hit and Run

1987 Psyche Out by HCC788

1987 Psyche Out by gi_jokers

1987 Psyche Out at Serpentor's Lair

1987 Psyche Out by Flint

1987 Psyche Out by fun_time_at_serpentorslair

1987 Psyche Out, Tunnel Rat, 1988 Swampmasher


3 comments:

  1. Psyche-Out was easily my favorite character/figure as a kid, and he still remains my favorite Joe overall! Always great to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psyche Out is fun and different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I acquired Psyche-Out at some point over the last 5 years or so. I have to say I actually really like him. As a 90s kid and fan of the 92-94 Joes I often hear the conversation of bright colors being used throughout the Joe line, however the Joes from the pre-Battle Corps era seemed to have colors that were just a bit more muted despite being non-traditional military colors. I think that green/red really does tie in well with the light/dark gray and black. A cool overlooked figured.

    ReplyDelete