Friday, April 26, 2024

1987 Blocker - Around the Web

Back in 1987, I picked up 2 BattleForce 2000 figures: Blaster and Knockdown.  My brothers got Maverick and Dodger.  I always wanted to pick up a Blocker.  But, by the time I saw him again,  he was only sold in a two-pack with the Maverick figure that we already owned.  So, it was not until nearly a decade later that I acquired my first Blocker figure.  Since then, he's been my favorite BattleForce 2000 figure.  Though, to be fair, that's a relatively low bar to clear.  Here's some of the best content featuring the figure from around the web.

1987 Blocker Profile

Brazilian Blocker Weapon Variants

1987 Blocker by jogunwarrior

1987 Blocker by thedustinmccoy

1987 Blocker by bruxovigo

1987 Blocker by 1_18th_scale_skirmishes

1987 Blocker by nightforcetunnelrat

1987 Blocker by andrewofsengir6

1987 Blocker by specialmissionforce

1987 Blocker by thedustinmccoy

1987 Blocker by Slipstream80

1987 Blocker by Plastic Battles

1987 Blocker, BattleForce 2000



5 comments:

  1. Blaster is definitely much better

    ReplyDelete
  2. The version of this figure with the visor looks more interesting to me. Regardless, he's my favorite BF2K figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People give BF2K loads of crap but I like many of the figures. Blocker is fine, no weirder than, say, Sci-Fi, and even has more muted colors. I think his sculpt and gun are cool too. Blaster might be the only one that does nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Battle Force 2000 was something that really grew on me as I got back into o-ring collecting around 2017. I can honestly say that I appreciate all the figures. Some were executed better than others but overall I appreciate the whole subteam. Blocker is a pretty strong design and as a kid in the late 80s his design probably would not have seemed to far fetched in terms of the idea for the soldier of the future. This figure really captures the balance of science fiction and more grounded military very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His pants pockets are stuffed. BF 2000 had some thing for making thighs thicker.
    I never knew the single BF 2000 cards existed before price guides.
    I would get Blocker's vehicle later, but Maverick was without his jet for many years and then only an incomplete one from a flea market.

    ReplyDelete