Friday, March 29, 2024

1985 Bazooka - Around The Web

This weekend is Easter weekend.  For Easter in 1985, my younger brother found Bazooka in his basket.  He found his basket first.  So, I just assumed that I was going to have a Joe as part of my holiday haul.  I was desperately hoping for Flint.  But, when I found my basket, there was no Joe figure in it at all.  I have no recollection of what I did get.  But, it wasn't a Joe and that's all that I remember.  It's been 39 years and I'm still butthurt over it.  I need therapy.

I'm also known for posing Bazooka with his launcher backwards.  I never liked the idea of the rocket sticking out of the front.  I pose Footloose with his launcher the proper way.  But, it's a different mold.  Like Buzzer's saw, though, I find Bazooka's weapon posing to be a relic of my childhood.  So, it's unlikely to ever change.  None of the photos below feature him holding his weapon.  But, my older photos do showcase my preferred way of him holding his weapon.

It seems that hashtags are now extremely limited.  Which makes it hard (impossible, really) to search out old photos on everyone's favorite photo site.  It makes the site far less usable.  But, it's also indicative of the "fire and forget" mentality of social media.  In my searches, though, I found that several of my personal favorite photographers seldom use Bazooka.  It's likely because he's just so out of place in 1985.  And, it's really hard to make him look cool.  But, I found a bit of content using him.  There is, of course, a lot more.  It's just really hard to find.  So, take a look at Bazooka while I go and eat way too much chocolate in a desperate bid to overcome my sadness of not getting a G.I. Joe figure for Easter when I was 11.

1985 Bazooka Profile

1985 Bazooka by thedustinmccoy

1985 Bazooka at JoeADay.com

1985 Bazooka Unknown White Numbers Figures

Brazilian Bazooka - Rarities

1985 Bazooka by dreadnokdread

1985 Bazooka by steelbrigade

1985 Bazooka by sammyscollectibletoyhall

1985 Bazooka by theatticagazette

1985 Bazooka by ankolsamtoys

1985 Bazooka by thedustinmccoy

1985 Bazooka, Crankcase, Ripper, Dreadnok, 1988 Mean Dog


1985 Bazooka, Mauler, 1986 Mainframe

1985 Bazooka, 1986 Dial Tone, Beach Head, Armadillo


1 comment:

  1. Bazooka was always a figure I loved as a kid and still do now. The football jersey is certainly a little out there when looking at the other 85 figure releases but it honestly has a charm to it that makes his design completely acceptable. It's 1980s campiness at it's finest. I like using Bazooka as a tanker - he is sitting in my mauler right now.

    Funny you mention Easter as I can never recall getting any GI Joes in my basket either. My parents loaded our baskets up with candy. The only toy I ever recall getting was in either 1989 or 1990 when I got a squirt gun shaped liked an F-16 with a camo design.

    ReplyDelete