Saturday, July 29, 2023

1987 Falcon - Random Photos of the Day

There are few perfect figures in the Joe line.  Usually, there's one or two slight defects that really prevents the figure from being a perfect 10.  The 1987 Falcon, though, is pretty much an ideal toy.  He has great colors that fully accentuate the amazing details on the mold.  His gear is amazing and is iconic to the character.  And, he debuted in the biggest Joe year of 1987.  Collectors love Falcon and he's never had a bad repaint since the mold is just so well done.

I don't actually use the 1987 figure all that often, though.  Personally, I prefer the Super Sonic Fighters version with a Night Force backpack.  But, the original figure was the one I used in the final year of my childhood Joe playing days.  So, here are some of the random photos I've taken of this figure over the past couple of years.  I will still do more as time goes on since the figure is so well done.  I need to pick up a Night Force version as I actually have his gear lying around.  Maybe in the next year as prices continue to drop.

1987 Falcon

1987 Falcon


1987 Falcon, Tunnel Rat

1987 Falcon, 1989 Snake Eyes

1987 Falcon, 2005 Classified, Snake Eyes

1987 Falcon, 1989 Long Range, 1988 Mean Dog


5 comments:

  1. You nailed it.

    Falcon is literally a work of art. He replaced Flint as my favorite as a kid when he came out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falcon suffered some curse where his remakes would all suck. Not the original mold recolors, but the New Sculpt, the 25th and 6-inch Classified. I guess the second Modern version was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it cheating to point out that Giraffe Pants Leatherneck had Falcon's waist and legs? Sooo....there *can* be a bad repaint of Falcon. Hasbro had to try really really hard to ruin something so pretty. But, gosh darn it, they found a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Leatherneck is why the 2003 Falcon is missing his legs.

      I will say, though, that I'd have bought the crap out of a Falcon in the 1993 Leatherneck color scheme. I might have thought it silly. But, that wouldn't have stopped me. And, he'd have been a cool combo with Claymore.

      Delete
    2. Wait so we don't like Giraffe Pants Leatherneck? Maybe I've been around too long and I forget what I like ironically vs unironically. Regardless, Giraffe Pants Leatherneck is so ridiculous that I have to like him.

      Delete