Tuesday, July 18, 2023

1987 Law and Order - Random Photos of the Day

There's a lot you can do with an MP figure.  Especially, if the figure is generic enough that he can be used as an army builder.  He can be a good guy or a bad guy.  He can be a single character.  Or, a nameless minion who simply dies a terrible death due to his incompetence.  And, when the figure is good, like the 1987 Law, it makes it fun to have him around.

At one time, I had a massive Law army.  They were the enforcers of my Joe world.  Some were virtuous souls who believed in the rule of law.  Others were corrupt as hell.  And, from these various takes on the role for the figure, I found value in Law.  The main reason this is important is because I never considered Law a real Joe character.  Even as a kid, he was just too bland to be much more than an army builder.  Others view him differently.  But, to me, the real purpose of the figure is to fill various gaps in the Joe world and be a bland, nameless automaton who could be used as one off story filler when I needed a break from the Joe vs. Cobra standard.

Despite still having a bunch of them, I don't use Law all that often any longer.  I do need to get a bunch of them out for a large photo shoot again.  Maybe sometime this fall.  But, below you'll see the photos of Law I've taken in the past 6 or 7 years.  He's still a neat figure who I enjoy.  But, he really only works in multiples.

1987 Law & Order, 2005 Comic Pack Firefly

1987 Law & Order,


1987 Law & Order, 2002 Funskool Law, 1986 AVAC

1987 Law & Order, 1985 Snake eyes, Crankcase

1987 Law & Order, 1985 Flint, Dreadnok Ripper

1987 Law & Order, 1986 General Hawk


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I like to imagine that certain Joes can represent both a unique individual and faceless character at the same time. I mainly view Chuckles this way, in that there's a unique Chuckles, and then the visage of Chuckles that's just used as a stand-in for any other CIA agent. After all, his identity is a secret, and knowing what he looks like could be compromising to agents in the field. I think Law could work in the same way, which is fun. Plus it's a good excuse to have more of an excellent figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt might be another good example of this concept.

      Delete
  2. I have not purposely army built this figure, but I have still managed to acquire a few of them (somehow). And, I have to admit, they look good as a crew manning the Checkpoint Alpha. Love your APC photo.

    ReplyDelete