Friday, September 8, 2023

1987 Cobra Commander - Around The Web

I had no idea that I had not taken a photo of the 1987 Cobra Commander figure since 2008.  But, that was the case.  It's rare for a figure as prominent as that to go so long without appearing in some scene I concocted.  And, as this figure was an integral part of my collection during my final years of playing with Joe, it has an emotional connection with me.  It just goes to show that the vastness of the Joe line allows for even famously good figures to simply slip away.

1987 Cobra Commander Profile

1987 Cobra Commander by gen_liederkranz

1987 Cobra Commander by battlearmordad1

1987 Cobra Commander by Attica Gazette

1987 Cobra Commander by yojoe_collectibles

1987 Cobra Commander by 00zxcvb

1987 Cobra Commander by vader9900

1987 Cobra Commander by jeremie_capitaine

1987 Cobra Commander Flesh Neck Variant by Hit and Run

1987 Cobra Commander by yojoe_collectibles

1987 Cobra Commander by yorktownjoe

1987 Cobra Commander by fun_time_at_serpentors_lair

1987 Cobra Commander by yojoe_collectibles

1987 Cobra Commander by total_madness_kustom

1987 Cobra Commander by Mate Mylar

1987 Cobra Commander by yojoe_collectibles

1987 Cobra Commander, Techno Viper, 1993 Star Brigade Invader, Pogo


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oops.
      My emotional connections with 1987 CC. I didn't find him when I first found 1987 Joes. They shipped in assortments (many are unaware of this) and Walmart didn't have that one. I guess.
      Months later at a store I can't remember in Altus, Oklahoma, I found him and I want to say Law and Order.
      My recent connection is digging out a used one and then his knee going out. Yeah, just one of those "decides to break" moments.

      Delete
  2. I think I must be the only person who doesn't like this fig that much. The armor just looks goofy to me.

    ReplyDelete