Saturday, January 30, 2021

1989 Recoil - Random Photos Of The Day

Recoil is a great figure that suffers from poorly colored gear.  With some different weapons, though, he takes on a whole new appearance.  He's one of those figures who's a great background filler in dioramas and photos.  He supports a wide variety of other figures.  I've got lots of extra photos of him from the past few years for this reason.  I really like the combo of him with Gnawgahyde's sniper rifle.  It seems to fit with Recoil quite well.  Let me know your thoughts, too!

1989 Recoil, 1987 Worms, Stalker, Aero Viper, Maggot, 2004 Desert Patrol Stalker, 1990 Bullhorn, Hot Seat, Night Viper, 1983 Hiss Tank

1989 Recoil, 1987 Worms, Stalker, Aero Viper, Maggot, 2004 Desert Patrol Stalker, 1990 Bullhorn

1989 Recoil, 1987 Worms, Stalker, Aero Viper, Maggot, 2004 Desert Patrol Stalker

1989 Recoil, 1987 Worms, Stalker, Aero Viper, Maggot, 2004 Desert Patrol Stalker

1989 Recoil, 1987 Worms, Stalker, Aero Viper, Maggot

1989 Recoil

3 comments:

  1. I was only lucky enough to get about 3 new Joes per year as a kid. My first pick in 1989 was Snake Eyes, because I was obsessed with him. And my second was Recoil, because he was a LRRP like Snake Eyes (as I learned from the comics) and even looked like him in 'Nam, except for the hat. The baby blue guns bugged me less as a kid as they do now. I spent hours looking at that weird pistol, wondering what it was supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decent enough figure. With Recoil, the options for a recolor are infinite, Tigor being a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked Recoil. He's kind of like Low-Light wearing daytime camo. Giving him Gnawgahyde's sniper rifle brings the point home even more so.

    ReplyDelete