Saturday, October 10, 2026

1988 Sgt. Slaughter - Random Photos of the Day

What the heck.  Let's go with some 1988 Sgt. Slaughter photos.  I use this figure an awful lot.  And, I'm not that big of a Sgt. Slaughter fan.  This version of the character just photographs really well.  He's visually interesting and looks good when posed with an array of accessories or at the helm of many different vehicles.  I've used this figure consistently over the last 10 years since I first profiled him.

There used to be a ton of bubbled overstock of this figure available.  I bought a few for just a dollar each.  So, he exists in ample quantities should you want to acquire one.  And, you should.  It's the best Sgt. Slaughter figure and, just a good Joe figure in general.  The removable hat works quite well.  And, Sarge looks good with an array of vintage weapons.

It kind of sucks that this figure didn't get dusted off in the repaint era.  Almost all of the other 1988 vehicle driver molds were either used during the 2000's or were confirmed lost to Olmec in their ill-fated Bronze Bombers release.  But, the original features decent colors and they go with the original Warthog or the 2001 Night Rhino.  (He looks even better in the Mean Dog.)  So, it's a figure with a lot of value should you want to get the Sarge into some Joe photos.

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, 1989 Night Force Repeater, 2002 Night Rhino, TRU Exclusive

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Hardball, Mean Dog


1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Satan, Plastirama, Stormshadow, Factory Custom, Red Ninja

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, 2005 Tommy Arashikage, Stormshadow

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Super Trooper, Mail Away

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Repeater, Mean Dog

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Shockwave

1988 Sgt. Slaughter, Tiger Force Flint, 1990 Ambush, Mean Dog, 1991 Tracker


No comments:

Post a Comment