Friday, October 27, 2023

1988 Muskrat - Random Photos of the Day

The 1988 Muskrat is one of those figures that I never quite feel is mine.  He was released the year after I quit Joe.  That summer, though, I took care of a house for a family a few blocks over.  Their younger son had a full plastic tubs of Joe figures, with several 1988 figures featured prominently.  One day, I opened it up to check out Muskrat as he just looked so amazing.  I imagined all the adventures I could have had with him.  But, I was still too young to drive and never went to a store to pick one up.  In 1990, the Kohl's store where I bought my lone 1989 Night Viper surely had a Muskrat as they were chock full of both 1988 and 1989 releases.  But, he simply couldn't compete with the Cobras of the day.

I like to get this guy out when I can.  Now, the figure has some limitations.  But, he's still an excellent overall release and is a perfect representative for everything about the 1988 line.

1988 Muskrat, 1988 Stormshadow


1988 Skidmark, Hardball, Muskrat, Swampmasher


1988 Muskrat, 1988 Spearhead


1988 Muskrat, 1991 Super Sonic Fighters Rock and Roll

1988 Muskrat, 2020 Slaughters Marauders Snake Eyes, Black Major


1 comment:

  1. He's a wonderful sculpt. But, like the rest of the 88 figures, he needs a few more paints apps to make him stand out. If - for example - Hasbro had given Muskrat the same tiger stripe camo paint apps that Falcon got the year before (or even a pattern like Footloose or Ripcord), he'd be an all time top tier figure. As is, he's still pretty good, if a little plain.

    ReplyDelete