Friday, October 6, 2023

1990 Rapid Fire - Around The Web

Rapid Fire is a weird figure.  He's just a straight repaint of the 1988 mail away Super Trooper.  Which, in itself, was just an amalgamation of existing parts that were cobbled together.  Really, Rapid Fire was a means to sell a VHS tape with a cartoon on it.  I've never seen what's actually on the tape.  But, I have it.  It's the figure, though, that's interesting.  The orange, blue and pastel green work for a ridiculous figure.  But, there are settings where the figure works.  And, he's worth owning for that reason.  Here's the best content I could find on Rapid Fire:

Rapid Fire Profile

3 comments:

  1. Nitro Viper is perfect enemy for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something fun about this guy. In these colors he looks like he could be an Eco Warriors enforcement trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this figure - he's quintessential early 90s. I have him as the driver for my Brawler tank (an underrated vehicle that I wish they released in more muted colors).

    ReplyDelete