Tuesday, March 7, 2023

2005 Comic Pack Firefly - Random Photos of the Day

I haven't been able to finish any new profiles for a while.  I've got dozens of them started, with many 80% or more completed.  But, I just can't bring them home.  I'm really going to work to get a fun Ripcord version done for next week.  Usually, when I get one done, that gets the juices flowing and I can then finish a bunch of other ones, too.

In the meantime, here's a bunch of photos featuring the 2005 Comic Pack Firefly.  I think this version might be the best Firefly Hasbro ever released.  And, because of that, I use him quite frequently.  Sadly, I've started to notice some discoloring on his upper arms.  This is common with most figures from the 2000's.  I hope we don't see it on the figures from the 2020's, too.  But, it's now a sad fate for some quality figures that collectors get to deal with.

2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49, 1987 Law and Order, 1988 Mean Dog


2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49

2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49, Fred, Cobra Commander, Crimson Guard, Hiss Tank, 2004


2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49,

2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49,


2005 Comic Pack Firefly, #49, Funskool Scrap Iron


3 comments:

  1. I typically don't mind discoloring, or figures being a bit rough around the edges. Shows history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is, even MOC examples are discoloring. My Comic Book Scrap-Iron sealed in the package, stored inside a plastic crate in a climate controlled house, is just as discolored as my open one. There might not be any good looking copies of that figure (and others) left soon. And it's something unlikely to be remade.

      Delete
    2. This Scrap Iron os the worst. Never seen one in its original blue.

      Delete