Friday, September 4, 2026

1993 Eel - Around The Web

The 1985 Eel is one of the best figures in the history of the G.I. Joe line.  Because of this, his follow up design that was released in 1992 is often denigrated as it's so different from the classic look.  But, the 1992 figure is a strong design on its own.  The 1993 repaint is not really better or worse than the 1992.  It's missing a paint application and has very different weapons.  But, that allows it to be used either in conjunction with the 1992 figure or as a separate unit of Cobra's frogmen.

I like the purple 1993 version, though, just because it's not a figure you see all that often.  Despite that, I've been able to find some decent content featuring him.  He's never going to replace the 1985 Eel in collector's minds.  But, he can be a fun figure that really works well with his contemporaries.

I haven't done much with him for quite a while.  I need to get them out again this fall and get at least one more in action shot of these Eels either working with the Bugg or taking out some Joes.  They work really well in those contexts.  Until then, enjoy all the creators below:

1993 Eel Profile

1993 Eel by Relena_Warcraft

1993 Eel by thedustinmccoy

1993 Eel by gijoe_c4_panama

1993 Eel by thedustinmccoy

1993 Eel by Joerizzo2025

1993 Eel by yojoe_collectibles

1993 Eel by gijoe_c4_panama

1993 Eel by thedustinmccoy

1993 Eel by fun_time_at_serpentorslair

1993 Eel by thedustinmccoy

1993 Eel, Battle Corps, 1988 Bugg


1 comment:

  1. For a sense of mold-accessory continuity, I'd give him the silver version of his speargun that came with the 1994 Navy SEAL Guile figure from the Street Fighter Movie line--or, for more coordination, give the '92 figure the silver one (which matches his swim fins), and give that figure's neon yellow version to the '93 figure.

    ReplyDelete