Saturday, September 12, 2026

1994 Windchill - Random Photos of the Day

The last couple of years have been pretty good when it comes to getting pics of my Joes out in the snow.  While I'm not a huge fan of snow, in general, I will take it for getting some fun winter operations photos.  I've had occasion to really showcase the 1994 Windchill.  I only wish that my Blockbuster had fared as well as Windchill did in the years since I bought them at retail.  The Blockbuster's turned into a yellow mess: as you can see in the photos below.  But, Windchilll remains fun as ever.

To me, the 1994 Windchill was an all new figure.  I had stopped collecting by 1989 and wasn't really aware that the original Windchill figure even existed.  To this day, I consider this 1994 figure to be his definitive release.  Something about the green upper body spoke to me.  The contrast between the dark green and bleached white pants made him compelling.  And, he's remained one of my preferred arctic figures ever since.

You don't see this guy all that often.  Despite large amounts of overstock figures making their way into the collecting community and Windchill remaining a very cheap acquisition to this day, no one really uses him.  If you don't have a connection to him like I do, there's no real reason to dig him out.  But, I still find him fun and had a good time getting him out into the snow these past couple of years.

Feel free to share figures that are your personal obscurity in the comments.

1994 Windchill, Blockbuster, 1993, Iceberg, Frostbite

1994 Windchill, Blockbuster, 1993, Iceberg


1994 Windchill, Blockbuster, Snow Storm

1994 Windchill, Blockbuster, Snow Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment