Wednesday, September 9, 2026

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper - Around The Web

I like the 1993 Night Creeper mold.  I think it's just a weird, fun look that translates well into a toy.  They are great foils for Ninja Force Joes and remain one of my preferred enemies in photos of '90's Joes.  The 1994 Shadow Ninja repaint is also a strong figure.  Sadly, it is made of extremely brittle plastic and is nearly impossible to use without breaking the thumbs.  In addition, the plastic discolors very easily and most of the loose figures you see have a yellow tinge to them that doesn't go away when you try to refresh the colors in ice water.

Because of this, it's tough to put together a nice army of the 1994 versions.  They've also kind of disappeared as the ubiquitous lots of cheap Shadow Ninjas that used to sit unsold on Ebay for a couple of bucks per figure are long gone.  The upside is that army building is somewhat passe, these days.  But, that doesn't sate my desire to have a few more of these Shadow Ninja Night Creepers as an alternate look for the character.

I do wish we'd gotten at least one more repaint of this mold.  The sculpt's proximity to the Flak Viper kind of makes me want one in 1992 Flak Viper colors.  I think that would be fun.  That will never happen.  And, even the resurgence of Ninja Force as a marketing focus for Hasbro and Super7 is unlikely to result in a solidly repainted version of this figure in 3 3/4" form.

So, enjoy some of the content on this figure that you can find around the web.  I found more on this guy than I have on more popular figures.  But, I dug pretty deep to find everything I could about this guy.  So, the results are more a function of effort than the figure's actual popularity.

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper Profile

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper Toys R Us Advertisement

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by thedustinmccoy

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by gen_liederkranz

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by nightforcetunnelrat

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper at Mike's Collection

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by thedustinmccoy

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by tiffstasfigas

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by gen_liederkranz

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by viper_space

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by toy_haven_aka_patch

1994 Shadow Ninja Night Creeper by Gen _Liederkranz

1994 Shadow Ninja Stormshadow, Night Creeper


1994, Viper, Shadow Ninja Night Creeper, 1986 STUN


No comments:

Post a Comment