Saturday, October 15, 2022

1988 Night Force Crazylegs - Around The Web

The vintage Night Force figures get a bit repetitive.  The colors start to run together.  And, in most cases, the Night Force figures aren't really an upgrade over the original color schemes.  But, in a few cases, the Night Force paint job salvages a poorly painted figure mold.  Such is the case with the Night Force Crazylegs.  The original red is just too much.  But, in black and olive, Crazylegs takes on new life and is a great update to the character.  To this day, I really only see this Night Force version as Crazylegs.  

While few other collectors share my dislike for the red Crazylegs, many do enjoy the Night Force look as I do.  There's lots of great content on the Night Force Crazylegs out there.  So, please check these links below.

1988 Night Force Crazylegs Profile

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by Slipstream80

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by 00zxcvb

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by nightforce72

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by thevintagetoylife

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by Sintechness

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by postvbobbieb

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by HCC788

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by corpscommandercody

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by Slipstream80

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by worldsofwondercomics

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by playfulmonkeycosplay

1988 Night Force Crazylegs by thevintagetoylife

1988 Night Force Crazylegs, Toys R Us Exclusive, 1986 Lift Ticket


1988 Night Force Crazylegs, Toys R Us Exclusive


3 comments:

  1. I love this figure in hand. The red really pops out. I'd say of all the Night Force figures Crazy-Legs, Sneak-Peek, and Psyche-Out are tier one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that not all NF figures are improvements over the OG versions. The gems of the 87 line were not made better by NF deco (Falcon, Tunnel Rat and Outback). Not that the NF deco is bad, just not a major improvement. But the NF deco really worked well on the 87 guys dressed red & gray. In other words, the NF deco works fabulously on Psyche-Out, Sneak Peak, and Crazy Legs. Like you, NF Crazy legs is my default version of this character. One lingering question I have w the 87 line in general is: Why did Hasbro switch to non-removable helmets? The head sculpts for Crazy Legs, Sneak Peek, and Fast Draw are bad! Tje head/helmet combos all look bulbous. I wonder if the figures would have been better if Hasbro had separately sculpted their heads and helmets, like 85 Footloose and 86 Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with just about everything said. Maybe it’s the nostalgia in the regular Crazy Legs release for me, but I prefer the red and grey. The black with green is boring to me. And as for sneak peek, he REALLY looks better in NF colors. Most NF is cool with me except muskrat and spearhead and charbroil. But cmon, NF Shockwave, Repeater, Tunnel Rat, and Outback are home runs to me. The NF vehicles are a different story

    ReplyDelete