Sunday, May 31, 2020

Rarities and Oddities - 2020

Tomorrow kicks off the 2020 Rarities and Oddities month.  Last year was lame.  This year should be a little better as I've got several items queued up for the entirety of the month.  This is my fifth year doing this and there's lots of past posts to catch up on if you haven't seen them.

As my standard disclaimer, these items are photos I've acquired through the years from public auctions or old postings that are long gone.  I'm not a fan of the secretive nature of the social media forums that require membership and have lousy search functions.  They hide some of the hidden past of the line in plain sight.  Some don't agree with my approach.  But, I feel that sharing rare pieces of the Joe line is really what this hobby is about.  

Through the years, I've gotten hate mail of all sorts.  Most are guys who are still "writing articles" that, years later, have yet to appear.  One guy told me that presenting a series of figures that wasn't 100% complete would "mislead" collectors.  He was one who said he'd be publishing a "real" article soon.  Haven't seen it three years later....

I hope you enjoy this year's celebration of all things weird, odd and rare in the Joe world.  And, if you have something you'd like to share, get in touch with me.  I'll gladly host anything you write with your byline so that more awesome knowledge is shared with the community at large.

2 comments:

  1. Real Arse Collecting DudeMay 31, 2020 at 1:05 PM

    No way, man. My article is almost complete. I just need to proofreed it, yo.
    See, peeps like you ruinin' hobby because if youse post something I won't gets the fame I deserve for my article that I swear is just almost close to ready to publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your site, and especially your reviews of rare and odd foreign releases or never released items. Your site and articles are a high point in the international GI Joe collecting community! Don't let anybody tell you any different!

    ReplyDelete