Thursday, March 31, 2022

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock - Around The Web

The 1994 Star Brigade Roadblock was one of the first profiles I ever wrote.  He was an immediate addition to the site because he was such a hidden gem.  From the minute I first saw him, I had to have one.  And, then, more and more.  There was something about the bright orange space suit that simply called to me.  I bought one, sung its praises, voted for it as the best figure in the line and watched as everyone ignored the figure's existence.

Slowly, though, that changed.  And, now, this is a $100 figure.  That's, frankly, dumb.  But, the market is crazy and people are paying out the wazoo for figures that take a while to find.  With the figure's newfound popularity, though, I also expected to find a lot more content on the figure than I did.  Turns out, most of the posts about him are simply humble brags from people adding him to their collection instead of actual content.  

I was able to find a few photos and write ups on Roadblock, though.  Space photos are hard to do.  So, that filters out a lot of content on the Star Brigade figures.  And, collectors mostly ignored the theme until around 2016 or so when Star Brigade started to no longer be considered taboo.

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock Profile

1994 Star Brigade Carded Set

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock by corpscommandercody

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock by Nekoman

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock by gen_liederkranz

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock at JoeADay.com

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock at 3DJoes.com

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock by corpscommandercody

Roadblock at Half The Battle

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock, 2005 Convention Iron Anvil, 1990 Retaliator


1994 Star Brigade Roadblock, 2005 Convention Iron Anvil, 1990 Retaliator

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock, Ozone

1994 Star Brigade Roadblock, Shadow Ninja Night Creeper


1 comment:

  1. Someone just payed almost $200 for one of these... I remember back when people made fun of guys paying that much for Argentina figures.

    Really irks me because this is one of my favorite figures from my brother's collection. He let me use it as much as I like, so I never felt the need to buy my own while they were cheap, and now I want my own figure. :(

    ReplyDelete