Saturday, May 14, 2022

1993 Star Brigade Payload - Around the Web

The 1993 Payload was my first exposure to this figure mold.  I found him on clearance at a KB Toy Works that used to be at Lafayette Square Mall in Indianapolis.  Once in hand, he better filled a role that I had devised from my final childhood days.  So, in time, I army built the figure.  His gear is bright pink and kind of sucks.  But, I gave him the dark blue versions of his weapon tree that came with the 1993 Muskrat.  Since then, I've changed is weapon out quite a bit.  But, the 1987 Psyche Out pack remains a constant.

I consider this the best paint job of this mold.  Part of that is nostalgia tainted glasses and the other part is just pure enjoyment of the simplicity of the colors.  Oddly, pretty much all the 1993 Payload visors have yellowed.  Yet, the clear visors on the 1994 Black and Blue figure remain crystal clear.  At this point, I can't recall if maybe Payload's visor was supposed to be an off color.  But, finding a clear one is now pretty much impossible.

Being Star Brigade, there's not a ton of content on this figure out there.  But, what does exist is pretty good.  So, explore the links below and leave comments for the creators if you like their work.  

1993 Payload Profile

1993 Payload by the Dragon Fortress

1993 Payload by relena_warcraft

1993 Payload by Slipstream80

1993 Payload by gen_liederkranz

1993 Payload by dashtacker

1993 Payload by Slipstream80

1993 Payload by thedragonfortress

1993 Star Brigade Payload, 2001 Sub Viper, 1994 Ice Cream Soldier

1993 Star Brigade Payload, Headhunter, Headhunter Stormtrooper, General Flagg

1993 Star Brigade Payload, 1987 Sea Slug


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure his helmet visor was always tinted yellow.

    ReplyDelete