Saturday, September 17, 2022

1993 Leatherneck - Around The Web

I found this Leatherneck at a local Big Lots for $2 in the fall of 1995.  When I went back a week or two later, all the figures were gone.  I was bummed about the sell out.  But, I was very happy that I had snagged this Leatherneck.  I chose him because he included black weapons that I had never seen before.  I opened him up and would, from time to time, find him in various poses after my room mates had played with him.  

That's my enduring memory of this Leatherneck.  But, as a figure, he's not terrible.  This mold would have been awesome in 1986 colors.  Or, really, any other repaint.  But, the banana pants are fun in a 1993 way.  And, people have come around on the figure moreso than in the past.  There's some good content showcasing the figure out there.  So, take some time and check the links below.
















1993 Battle Corps Leatherneck, 1988 Mean Dog, Duke



1993 Battle Corps Leatherneck, Beach Head



1993 Battle Corps Leatherneck

7 comments:

  1. The most impressive thing is that the loud colors hide the reused Falcon waist and legs, so much I forget the figure reuses them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use him as Leatherneck, instead he is Recondo's partner. A fellow jungle expert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the day that HCC788 reviews this guy 🤭🤭

    ReplyDelete
  4. One customizer certainly found a creative repurposing for this Leatherneck mold:
    http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_xml_single.php?t=gp&d=repaint&c=claymore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giraffe pants Leatherneck is a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I can't help but to just love this figure. He's ridiculous, but it works for me. Maybe Tiger Force and Claymore softened me up for him?

      Delete
    2. I took him on a skiing trip with my gf and he provided a lot of good funny banter for us. He's cheap too so you can bash on him and not worry about it, although I've never broken one and he was in my pocket for like 3 months.

      Delete