Tuesday, December 12, 2023

2002 General Tomahawk - Random Photos of the Day

So, the other night, I heard my dog chomping on something.  I got up to see what it was.  But, I didn't find anything in her mouth.  As I returned to bed, though, I saw something on the floor in the dark.  Turns out, it was this General Tomahawk figure.  I have no idea where she got it.  I think my boys had the figure out and must have left it somewhere the dog could find it.

So, now, this figure is a flesh colored stump atop a torso that has just shoulders and upper arms.  His legs no longer have feet.  I tossed what was left of the figure into my custom fodder box.  I don't really know why.  I have put all my spare pieces into this box since at least 1986.  And, I have never done anything with them.  The box is massive and there's everything in their from my childhood straight arm pieces to old CORPS! figures and, now, what remains of this Tomahawk.  My plan is that I'll retire in the next 25 to 30 years.  And, when I do, customizing Joes will be something I do in my copious spare time.  So, stop by in the 2050's and see if I follow through.

Time was, I had a couple of these figures.  But, I'm not sure if I had more than 1 these days.  So, the days of this General Tomahawk appearing in photos could be over.  I hope I find a spare in the 2002 drawer.  But, I don't care enough to actually look.  Maybe sometime next week.  But, this is a figure that's worth having.  It's better than the 2000 version and is the type of figure that's nice background fodder in many photos.  

1992 Air Commando Spirit, 2002 General Tomahaw, 1984 VAMP Mark II


2002 Wave 1.5 General Tomahawk, Hawk, 1982 VAMP, Big Ben, 1988 Desert Fox, 1991 Super Sonic Fighters Psyche Out, 1992 Talking Battle Commanders Stalker

2002 Wave 1.5 General Tomahawk, Hawk, 1982 VAMP, Big Ben, 1988 Desert Fox

2002 Wave 1.5 General Tomahawk, Hawk, 1982 VAMP


2 comments:

  1. You could easily replace him, he's dirt cheep on Ebay. It's a nice looking figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. The Dogs of War.
    Old Toy Soldiers Never Die...they just go to the parts box.

    ReplyDelete