Saturday, August 21, 2021

1987 Cobra La Royal Guard - Around The Web

 In my great Joe purge, I got rid of pretty much anything that wasn't important to me.  But, somehow, this 1987 Royal Guard from the Cobra La set survived.  I'm not sure if I kept him since I had the antennae.  Or, if it was just dumb luck that he was left behind.  Either way, I'm glad he stayed in my collection as, now, he's stupidly expensive and I'd never spend the going rate to get a complete version.  There's tons of amazing content on this figure available.  Scroll through the links and you'll see some great work by Joe photographers.

1987 Royal Guard Profile

1987 Royal Guard at Nekoman's Viper Pit

1987 Royal Guard by Purple Cobra 75

1987 Royal Guard by primordial_earth_84

1987 Royal Guard by ironman3719

1987 Royal Guard by Dok Sewage

1987 Royal Guard by yotothejoe

1987 Royal Guard by Night Force Tunnel Rat

1987 Royal Guard by robstoycollection

1987 Royal Guard by lightscameraactionfigures

1987 Guard by misanthropic_git

1987 Royal Guard by Nekoman

1987 Royal Guard by Special Mission Force

1987 Royal Guard by Purple Cobra 75

1987 Royal Guard by discovolante

1987 Royal Guard by SteelBrigade

1987 Royal Guard by Dr. Modulok

1987 Royal Guard by hanover_h.a.v.o.c.

1987 Royal Guard by giannis_toys_dios

1987 Royal Guard by Purple Cobra 75

1987 Royal Guard by chris porostosky

1987 Royal Guard by strikeforce_codename

1987 Royal Guard by golden_cobra_79

1987 Royal Guard by gijoe_80s_kid

1987 Royal Guard by thedustinmccoy

1987 Royal Guard, Cobra La, Sea Slug, Techno Viper

1987 Royal Guard, Cobra La, Sea Slug, Techno Viper

1987 Royal Guard, Cobra La, Sea Slug, Techno Viper

1987 Royal Guard, Cobra La


5 comments:

  1. Curious why you put Nemesis Enforcer's tentacles on the Royal Guard? If anything, they pair best with the green on Golobulus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a leftover from when I was a kid. I hated Golobulus and never used him. But, I loved those tentacles. I had them act as both wings that allowed the Royal Guard to fly as well as tentacles that could constrict the life out of anyone in their grasp.

      To me, Royal Guards were guys inside a suit. Still never seen the G.I. Joe Movie. So, had my only my childhood uses to go on.

      Delete
    2. And, I liked the bat wings on Nemesis Enforcer. Those seemed to better match him.

      Delete
    3. They were supposed to be used an prisoners of the Cobra Guard, like in the movie.

      Delete
    4. Agreed that Nemesis Enforcer looks better with the wings. The tentacles actually look awful on him, and I'm not sure why the packaging indicated that both are supposed to go with that figure specifically. The green of the tentacles matches best with Golobulus, though a snake-man with tentacles certainly doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

      I have no use for the tentacles on any of them, frankly. I have Nemesis Enforcer holding it like that pod thing he throws in the movie.

      I think it's pretty funny that you've written a G.I.Joe blog for decades yet refuse to watch the animated movie (or even the cartoon?).

      Delete