Thursday, December 20, 2018

1983 Ace - Around The Web

I first got Ace for my 10th birthday.  He immediately became a favorite...to the point I lost his helmet twice in the first week I owned him since I took him everywhere.  Both times, I found the helmet and Ace continued to be a key part of my youth.  Eventually, Ace morphed from a pilot into a deep sea diver.  But, time took its toll and Ace faded away: replaced by better pilot figures.  There's a decent amount of content on Ace out there.  So, here's what I found around the web.

1983 Ace Profile

Ace at Toys From the Past

Ace by Flint

Ace at Joe A Day

Ace at 3DJoes.com

Ace By The Michael Mercy

Ace Pre Production at YoJoe.com

1983 Ace, Skystriker


1983 Ace, Skystriker, Grand Slam, Wild Bill, Short Fuse, Skyhawk, 1984

1983 Ace, Skystriker, Grand Slam, Wild Bill, Short Fuse, Skyhawk, 1984, General Hawk, Viper Pilot

1 comment:

  1. " ....especially as life grows more and more hectic with marriage, mortgages, kids, car payments, utility bills, office politics, and the other trappings of adulthood." Boy isn't that the truth. I would like to go back to 1983...if only for a little while.I can remember people in general being more laid back, and WAY less PC.To me 83-89 was a magic time in my life.I was born at a great time (1971). I got to see Star Wars at age seven and Gi Joe rise to prominence a few years later. I also witnessed first hand the slow rise of thrash metal and saw Metallica in their prime. I was a perfect age to also see Death Metal in it's infancy as a teenager (1988's Death-Scream Bloody Gore). Great times....
    As for Ace himself, he's one of my favorites of all time after the spectacular dog fight against Wild Weasel in issue # 34. The 1998 figure is awesome too.A little pricey, I paid twenty bucks for his helmet alone!.I never got to own an original Skystriker. I bought that reissue version but never opened it and ended up selling it.If I ever get an extra Ace, I might try putting a different Joes head on him to see how that would look.

    ReplyDelete