There are no bad Falcon figures. The mold is strong and all four versions of it really work. Which is the best, then, is often left to personal preference for colors. For me, the 1991 Super Sonic Fighters version remains my favorite. While the 1987 was a childhood favorite, the grey and green combo on this later repaint really stand out. Grey is a relatively rare base color for Joes. So, when it's done right, it really shines. I also like the weapons included with this version. I'm fortunate to have a spare Night Force Falcon pack that I can give him as it completes the figure nicely. While the 1987 version is more common in pictures, this version still appears often enough. Here's the best of him from around the web.
I always preferred this repaint over the Night Force version. Much more visually interesting!
ReplyDeleteI prefer this one above all versions.
ReplyDeleteThe digital camo really does it for me!
Of the versions of Falcon from the Original 1982-1994 line, I think the Super Sonic Fighters version is the best deco, as I also like his accessories as well(Even his Helicopter Backpack is okay in my opinion). The Grey with Digital Camo really look sharp, along with the Green and other Black highlights here and there.
ReplyDeleteI will say Robot_Sonic, nice idea of using the Night Force versions Backpack on this figure, especially since the Night Force Black Backpack match with Super Sonic Fighters Falcon's Black Accessories. If I ever get a Complete Super Sonic Fighters Falcon, I will have to consider looking for Night Force Falcon's backpack(Though I will have to also content with the extra dollars needed just for the Antenna, regardless if it's in the backpack, or I have to get it separate).
For the Sonic and Super Sonic Figures that were repaints of pervious Figures, Falcon, Dial-Tone(Who I have), and Rock N Roll are my favourite decos of those molds. And while new molds and not a repaints, I think the Super Sonic Fighters Zap is my favourite version of the character, with Super Sonic Fighters Major Bludd not a bad look and design. If I was collecting G.I. Joe at the time the Sonic and Super Sonic Fighters were in stores, and I was aware of these specific characters names and such, I would of probably wanted these "Deluxe Electronic Figures" of these characters, due to their decos and designs. Though I will admit, if the store had a good selection and I could only get 1, I think I would of strongly considered Super Sonic Fighters Zap, due to his Larger and Sci-Fi looking Weapons.