Monday, April 17, 2017

Abutre Negro (Brazilian Cobra Black Vulture) Card Artwork

The Abutre Negro (or Cobra Black Vulture) figure may be my favorite of the Brazilian releases.  His character is less important than the Flying Scorpion.  But, as a figure, he is incredibly well done and perfectly fits into any Cobra collection.

I acquired the Abutre Negro as a carded figure in the very early 2000's.  For collectors who are new to the game, this figure has always been difficult to find and extremely expensive.  But, 15 to 17 years ago, that was not case.  Collectors didn't really care about foreign releases and there were many avenues to acquire figures from Brazil as there were many Brazilian collectors eager to trade with American collectors so they could finish the U.S. run.  MOC, this was a $25 - $30 figure back then: with many going unsold at that price.

Below you see the Abutre Negro card artwork.  You'll note that the artwork is exclusive to the figure.  You see the silver parachute to also match the actual inclusion of the actual accessory.  You'll see that all my accessories are still attached to the package, too.  I opened the figure and got him out.  But, since the weapons kind of suck, I never bothered to remove them from the card.  One day I may.  But, I kind of like being able to slip the figure inside should I ever want to.

Abutre Negro, Patrulha do Ar, Cobra Black Vulture, Sky Patrol, Brazil, Estrela, Comandos em Acao, G.I. Joe

The cardback is kind of boring.  You see the other Patrulha Do Ar members as well as some of ther figures who were available at the time.  For some reason, Estrela blotted out the full artwork on the card front with yellow to highlight the accessories that were included.  So, the cardback is the only place you can see the full, unfettered artwork, however small it may be.

Abutre Negro, Patrulha do Ar, Cobra Black Vulture, Sky Patrol, Brazil, Estrela, Comandos em Acao, G.I. Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment